PEACE COLLECTIVE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS 2019 GIVEAWAY RULES & REGULATIONS
By participating in the Peace Collective 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Giveaway (the “Contest”), each entrant (hereafter referred to as the “Entrant”) agrees to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined below) with respect to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. EST on and ends at 4:59:59 PM EST (the “Entry Period”) on the following contest dates Dec 9, 2019; Dec 10, 2019; Dec 11, 2019; Dec 12, 2019; Dec 13, 2019; Dec 14, 2019; Dec 15, 2019; Dec 16, 2019; Dec 17, 2019; Dec 18, 2019; Dec 19, 2019 and Dec 20, 2019 (each a “Contest Day”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, go to https://www.instagram.com/peacecollective (the “Website”), during the Entry Period on any of the Contest Days listed above, locate the Sponsor’s links regarding the Contest (the “Callout”), and follow the instructions of each post on Instagram (hereafter referred to as the “Platforms”). The Entrant must have a public social media profile on the Platform used for contest entry. The Sponsor will be posting one (1) Callout on each Contest Day and each Entrant will be allowed to enter to win the prize in each Callout one (1) time by following the instructions for a maximum of ten (10) Entries during the entire Contest Period). During the Contest Entry Period, users can enter to win the Grand Prize on the Platforms where the Callout specific to CanadaStays exists - on the initial Callout published on May 7, 2019 as well as the final Callout published on May 17, 2019. To enter, the Entrant must follow the instructions outlined on each prize Callout post to be entered for the corresponding prize. Unlimited Entries are permitted. To be eligible, your Entry must be received within the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules.
4. THE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There will be one (1) prize available to be won following each Entry Period, for a total of twelve (12) prizes during the Contest Period. Each prize (the “Prize”) will consist of one (1) of the following:
PRIZES AVAILABLE TO ENTRANTS IN CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC):
- One (1) CanadaStays Canadian vacation rental travel credit (ARV $1,000.00 CAD)
- List other prizing
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCESS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during each Entry Period. Following each Entry Period, there will be a random draw (the “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries received during that Entry Period (see Rule 3 above), to select an Entrant eligible to win a Prize. The Entrant eligible to win will be contacted by the Sponsor on Instagram by direct message in order to obtain their e-mail address for further communication, whereby the selected Entrant will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner. Following each Draw, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the selected Entrant (using the information provided by direct message) within three (3) business days of the Draw. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of the Draw, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant). All winners will be contacted on May 18, 2019 by Direct Message through the Platform the winner entered on and be notified by a tag by the Sponsor to send the Sponsor a direct message to redeem the prize.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; (b) confirm compliance with these Rules; (c) acknowledge acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (d) release the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (e) agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected Entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to respond to the notification of being selected as a potential winner within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant). The Sponsor will be responsible for following up with the grand prize winner no more than four (4) times and will, in no way, be responsible for ensuring they redeem the grand prize.
6. PRIZE CONDITION AND REDEMPTION DISCLAIMER
a. CANADASTAYS: Vacation rental must be booked through CanadaStays and all prize winners will need to be approved by the vacation rental property owner prior to their stay. Prize winner and his/her travelling companions are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, all travel related costs to and from rental destination, costs meals and alcoholic beverages, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, medical and travel insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that Prize winner and his/her travelling companions obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. The Travel Credit to book a stay valued up to $1,000 CAD in a vacation rental of your choice anywhere in Canada may not be combined with any other coupons or promotions and must be booked by March 31, 2019 with a final stay by December 31, 2020. Travel credits cannot be applied towards HomeAway or Vrbo properties listed on CanadaStays.com, and cannot be used for more than one (1) stay. If the value of the booking is less than the $1,000 CAD maximum prize value, the winner will not receive the difference.
b. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable. Prizewinner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. The Prizewinner can make no changes in travel arrangements or once the booking and online store credit have been confirmed/redeemed.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
8. DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry, Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry to be received for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
b. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete or misdirected Entries. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected Entrant who will be notified by direct message and informed of all necessary arrangements. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or Entrants.
c. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the username submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned the selected username by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. An Entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the username associated with the Entry in question and that he/she has all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these Rules.
d. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
e. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant’s Entry in the Contest or entitlement to a Prize, if the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, use of multiple mice or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including, without limitation, any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means). Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will automatically be disqualified.
g. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
h. Should an Entrant wish to not be entered into the Contest following completion of the Entry, they should send an email to @PeaceCollective to request that their Entry be rendered null and void.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.