People & Culture Manager APPLY NOW
Established in 2015, Peace Collective is a lifestyle brand that helps you look good while giving back to the causes you believe in. We aim to create conversations and awareness around prevalent social issues by helping you make an impact through on-trend apparel. Our mission is to donate $1,000,000 to causes we’re passionate about by 2030.
In addition to two retail locations in Toronto, Ontario, Peace Collective has a growing wholesale brand that offers clients exclusive access to our creative team to develop their company's unique designs and tell their brand's story through their new merch.
About The Role
The People & Culture Manager will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the employee life cycle at Peace Collective and contributing to many areas of our People function. Operating with a service mindset, you will help us create and maintain best practices.
- Partner closely with department managers and executive team to execute HR operational processes and services, focusing on employee life cycle and data integrity.
- Be the first point of contact for all employees, leaders, and teams on issues related to policy, programs, processes and legislation, responding to inquiries, managing requests and problem-solving to provide effective solutions.
- Become an HR technology super-user, identifying ways we can get the most from our tools and shift towards further automating our processes while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Develop and continuously improve HR operations and program delivery, inclusive of searching, developing and reviewing company policies.
- Support the management of compensation, benefits, base pay and bonus programs.
- Manage Leave of Absences and Accommodation Requests.
- Play a role in the planning and execution of team events and initiatives, fostering a culture of celebration and belonging.
- Support and be involved in the ideation and creation of engagement and DE&I initiatives.
- Work closely with managers to ensure tier 1 employee relations issues are handled professionally and effectively.
- Own and manage digital tools and HRIS platforms (e.g. ADP Workforce Now).
- Partner with our finance team on payroll information, processes and information flow related to payroll.
- Plays a critical role on the Peace Collective Health and Safety Program and Joint Health & Safety Committee, supporting our Mississauga HQ and Peace Collective retail stores.
- Enhance and manage our onboarding experience for new employees for all departments and support in offboarding.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience as a Human Resources Generalist or similar People Operations role in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You have experience working in a scaling organizational environment and building policies & procedures to support the business and people through rapid growth.
- You can consult, influence, and advise both employees and leaders across all the organization.
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn and grow.
- You have strong experience successfully managing and contributing to the employee experience and life cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Labour laws: policies, procedures, compliance and practices related to Workplace Health and Safety, Employment Standards Act, etc.
- Experience and knowledge for Health & Safety and Wellness in the workplace with a readiness to own this for Peace Collective.
- Technologically proficient with an ability to learn new software and platforms
- Knowledge of benefits administration, interpretation of group policy.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to manage and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and complex tier 1 employee relations issues with professionalism and a high degree of discretion.
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hours a day
Hybrid - mandatory 2 days in head office located in Mississauga, ON L4V 1H3
Peace Collective is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection.